Can someone say design ADD?
Truth is, the longer we are in our home and the closer we get to putting on an addition that will make it a much more permanent residence for the G family that we ever anticipated, the more I realize that I just like a little bit of everything and it’s my house, right? So with our new den, I’m just going for it. It will be open to what will be our new expanded & renovated kitchen with an entire wall of french doors leading out to a covered outdoor living room where I’m betting we spend even MORE time.
This will be the room we spend our most valuable family time in whether that’s just me & G or the pup or future little G’s or whatever. I want it to be cozy but light & airy. I want it to be chic but not formal. I want it to be lodge-y and chinoiserie and a little bit beachy. I want it all, ya’ll.
So this is where I’m starting? Thoughts? Am I crazy?
Here’s what made the list:
- Big & comfy section – love the English rolled arms
- Greek key pillows in coral (custom made)
- Scalamandre pillows (custom made)
- Audubon flamingo print (gold framed… perhaps paired with a pelican friend)
- Round, skirted ottoman for foot propping
- Built-in bar (for shenanigans)